Ask Not For Whom the Bell Tolls
Unless otherwise stated I am assuming that all World of Darkness books I own are in play and canon. Please try to refrain from reading any books that contain antagonists (such as Brood or VII) or books that might contain plot ideas/antagonists (such as Mythologies or the Night Horrors line). Setting books that deal with specific locations (such as Shadows of the UK) may be in play for mechanics, but the setting may not be. Details will follow.
Mundane weapons deal only bashing damage to vampires. Massive destruction (such as being hit with trucks or heavy machinery) still deals lethal.
Attributes and Skills
- No Attributes or Skills at 5 (before applying Clan Favoured Attributes).
- No Attribute or Skill may rise above a value of 10, regardless of what is used to boost it.
- You may have 20 dots of merits at creation.
- Retainers will now use the relevant GMC rules.
- City status will start at 1, but will be free.
- Clan and Covenant status will be free – and may not start higher than 1.
- Clan and Covenant status will provide certain benefits beyond the social bonus.
- PCs may be of any clan.
- Sires may be of any Covenant.
- PC Covenant must be Ordo Dracul.
- You will all receive for free a 1-dot Mentor in the Ordo Dracul, Immortal Elisavet Simonides. They may be improved with your own merit dots or XP.
The Enhanced Senses merit is available. Swarm Form replaces the merit of the same name in the Gangrel book.
The Predatory Aura rules are now in play.
The following changes are made to the core disciplines: Animalism will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. Auspex will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. Celerity will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. Dominate will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. Dominate requires the target to be able to see the user’s eyes – not the other way around. Majesty will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. Nightmare will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. Obfuscate will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. Protean will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. Resilience will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. Vigour will use the Blood & Smoke play-test rules. The effects of Heightened Senses (Old rules Auspex 1) has been moved to Kindred Senses and the Enhanced Senses merit.
- You will receive the first Coil (of your choice) for free.
- Coils are treated as separate disciplines for the purposes of costing.
- Chrysalis mechanics (Ordo Dracul, page 50) will be used (reducing Coil costs to In-Clan costs, but requiring a successful Resolve + Occult roll to learn them).
The following changes are made to Coils:
- The Man Wakes (Flesh 1) is moved to Slumber 1.
- The Sleep of Early Years (Slumber 1 (Ancient Mysteries)) is moved to Soul 1.
- Enliven the Face (Soul 1) is moved to Flesh 1.
The following additional devotions will be available.
The following Guilded Cage rituals are also available:.
- Facets of the Crystal Web – Level 1
- Colours of the Crystal Web – Level 2
- Pull of the Crystal Web – Level 3
- Radience of the Crystal Web – Level 4
- Walking the Cystal Web – Level 5
- Blood Potency may not be more than 3.
- Bloodlines are more common in this chronicle than in cannon – consider them to be nearly as pervasive as Legacies in Awakening.
- No bloodlines are currently forbidden.
- If you choose to trade in Humanity for XP at creation, you must come up with a paragraph or two to explain the loss – and make the Derangement checks as appropriate.
- Derangements must be specified as being gained pre- or post-Embrace.
- You may take Banes (from Danse Macabre) instead of derangements when applicable.
- You may not take a Bane instead of a derangement if you contract Malkavia.
- Banes are not affected my any merits, disciplines, Coils, powers, etc that effect Derangements.